Product Developer & Production Manager: Now Hiring
Tobacco Motorwear Company and Pack Animal are in need of a talented Product Developer and Production Manager who can help in the design and creation of our stylish motorcycle apparel and rustic bags. We love motivated employees who are self starters, can learn fast, and keep up. Every day will be different as you apply your skills to help us continually design and launch new products. We need an organized, efficient, innovative, and creative individual to work with our team and help define a cohesive style across product and graphic design.
Tobacco Motorwear is an LA-based hybrid motorcycle clothing brand. We’re dedicated to creating premium quality moto gear in classic styles that look awesome on and off your bike, while providing protection where you need it most. Read more on our website!
Our second brand, Pack Animal, produces heritage-quality bags and accessories. We’re continually expanding our selection, always seeking the perfect blend of old school style and new school features you really want. Our products use the best materials and are engineered for longevity. Read more on our website!
This is a multi-faceted role in our small, culture-driven company. We take a lot of pride in our work and wear many hats. Our team thrives on the highly flexible nature of our company. Those who are very self-motivated, idea-driven, and always seeking to learn and better themselves in their role will excel. We’re all ‘renaissance people’ - we all come from varied backgrounds and seek to work with individuals who are highly competent, multi-talented, and eager to help us grow in all arenas. Show us your stuff.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The schedule is varied, largely remote, with flexible office days in our newly-remodeled warehouse. Must be relatively local to Los Angeles. The day-to-day would be largely divided between developing new products and managing the production of existing products. Attention to detail and ability to manage inventory and plan production runs is essential.
- Partner with Designer in creation of new products and follow through on completion of samples
- Creation of Tech Packs & Artworks for new products
- Design and assist in merchandising, packaging, digital graphics
- Provide accurate costing
- Handle final cost negotiation with factory as soon as orders have been passed
- Actively review inventory and track sales patterns for re-ordering purposes
- Inventory management of raw materials
- Build and manage seasonal Time-In-Actions with suppliers to meet seasonal deadlines for development and procurement
- Ensure testing protocols are established and adhered to
- Receive all approved standards and pass to the factory in a timely manner
- Provide specifications to manufacturers and ensure sizes specs are met
- Advise Merchandising/Sales on delivery/margin challenges as they arise
- Participate in weekly meetings covering pre-production and production deliverables
- Creation and distribution of purchase orders
- Troubleshoot with key personnel on problematic styles before they become larger issues
- Alert Merchandising and Customer Service of problems and resolutions as they arise
- Ensure dates are met or appropriate changes are made
- Handle payments to vendors and manufacturers
- Track top of production samples, ensure that they are received in a timely manner and meet expectations
- Monitor factory ship dates and PO close dates
- Overseas and Domestic production experience and knowledge
- Overseas and Domestic Product development experience
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Google Suite - Gmail, Drive, etc
- Organization - requires strategic management of production schedules and coordination/collaboration with all team members
- Go-getter, self-starter - highly independent role
- Creativity - technical design skills, visual composition, graphic ideas, strong grasp of brand image conceptualization
- Written/verbal skills
- Emotional intelligence - manage relationships and negotiations
If this sounds like a great fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com with a brief introduction including a sentence or two about why you're interested in our companies. Attach or link your résumé, linkedin, social, portfolio, or any other relevant information. Looking forward to hearing from you! Serious inquiries only.