"I made a bunch of money in my 20s. I thought I had the world by the balls. The wife, the kids, the house, the job, the business... and I ended up burning my whole world down."
Today's podcast guest is someone you may not agree with.
But you will probably remember him.
His name is Sean Whalen. By age 30, he looked like he had it all. But then it all came crashing down. And he spent the next 2 years finding out who he was and why he's here.
Out of that darkness came his current company, Lions Not Sheep. It's all about helping people find their why. He also talks about why he named it Lions Not Sheep at 22:50.
Here's some of his best stories and insights for anyone who wants to make a change in their life:
- Why he burned his whole world down even though he "had it all".
- Sean's #1 piece of advice for mastering your fears.
- Why he choose to go fishing in Montana over a business conference with hundred-millionaires.
- The dark side of being radically transparent with your life.
- What makes him want to run for president one day.
His whole episode is live on all these podcast sites now:
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review if you haven't already!
I think one of the big takeaways I had from this episode with Sean was that you have to be honest and true to who you are.
You need to be able to answer this question honestly...
"What do you want?"
Here's a tip I got from Sean. It shouldn't sound like something you'd say in a job interview. And if your answer is "I don't know..." take 2 minutes to write it out.
It might be the best 2 minutes you spend all week.
Dave and Andrew